I had the privilege of judging the inaugural, 2010 Society of News Design’s Best of Digital Design competition. Not only did I have a chance to serve (and argue) with some of the world’s best media design thinkers but we also set standards that future judges will follow.
The competition was rigorous and the decisions difficult but the five World’s Best Designed are:
- CNN.com: World’s Best-Designed News Web Site
- CNN for iPad: World’s Best Designed News App
- The Globe and Mail: World’s Best-Designed News Web site
- The Guardian for iPhone: World’s Best-Design Mobile App
- NPR for iPad: World’s Best-Designed News App
Just about all of the winning news organizations designed incredible experiences across multiple platforms. Picking which organization on which platform might have been the most difficult part of the judging.